On Friday marks 6 months since I started CrossFit. While I’ve made progress, I’d like to make more than I did these first 6 months. I’ve made a list of goals and made them “SMART” goals, with time frames and how I’m going to do it:
1. Reach 140 lbs (at about 185 currently)
2. Be able to run more than 3 miles pain free (can’t even do one)
3. Back Squat my bodyweight (1RM is 135?)
4. Perform a strict pullup (using black band currently, can only do 2 with green)
5. Be able to do 20 pushups without modification (can only do 2 right now)
How I will do it:
1. Eat healthy, only go out to eat or have outside food up to 2x a week. Avoid junk snacks. Go to the gym 4 times a week minimum.
2. Work on calf/hip mobility. Strengthen hips and calves and continue working with ortho/PT.
3. Work on squat technique, practice squats outside of Crossfit at least one time a week. Work on hip mobility exercises. Practice “third world squat” as part of mobility.
4. Practice pullups with the band, attempt to decrease compensation needed for pullups. Try jumping pullups/negatives 2x a week.
5. Follow one hundred pushups program, work on form. 3x a week practice outside of class.
When I will do it:
1. By end of October, see the 160s? End of January, 150s or 140s. we’ll see. This isn’t definite, as weight loss can be unpredictable as can I. Final deadline-ish will be next July. Of course, if I see improvement in my strength and whatnot I may change my mind about how I want to look and all that. We will see. I will weigh in once every two weeks as a check, and of course, clothes fitting better will also count more than pounds lost/gained.
2. Can’t give a timeline on this. Gotta go real slow, hoping by end of 2014.
3. January 2015.
4. Green band by end of year, one pullup by July 2015.
5. October 2014. I hope!
Ran two miles yesterday- no pain, but lots of trouble catching my breath thanks to my meeting out of shape.
Also yesterday I did two capoeira classes in a row, it felt great.
I had a vegetarian taco salad today it was delicious.
I deadlifted 90 lbs yesterday and squatted 65 lbs today. Slowly moving up in the world.
I’ve been feeling uncertain about my relationship with my boyfriend lately. I was feeling on the verge of breaking up with him because it’s been feeling like he has given up on wanting to do anything with me, I had decided I was going to give him a week and see if there was any change (i didn’t tell him this)… then Monday night he asked if I wanted to go up to a cabin in Glenwood Springs for the weekend. So he definitely surprised me. Things have been feeling differently with him and it just.. I’m hoping it is just a slightly rough spot. I’m approaching the longest I’ve ever been in a relationship with someone with him. We’re at 5 months (I’m not experienced at relationships lol).
I’ve decided diet-wise I’m gonna be “mostly vegan”. Most of the things I eat are vegan but there are times that I won’t eat if I’m strictly vegan and that is not good. I’m satisfied with this decision. Still getting all my veggies in so I’m happy.
I bought super cool compression socks this weekend and I’m going to try them while running tomorrow and see if they help with my Achilles issues.
If all goes and stays well with my injury I have decided I want to do this 4-race winter series that begins in January. And a spring marathon. Looking at either the Colorado marathon or the Greenland 50k, one of the providers at my clinic is a marathon runner too and I love her and I’m trying to get her to do these too!
Finally.. it’s getting cold outside. That is all.